Job Opportunity: Donor Liaison and TFT Ambassador Coordinator
Job Title: Donor Liaison and TFT Ambassador Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Contract period: Part time, two days a week (14 hours) for 12 months – flexibility to work at home one day per week
Salary: £21-23,000 Pro rata (dependent on skill set and experience)
Tickets For Troops is a registered charity which was set up in 2009 to provide members of the British Armed Forces with top event tickets to a variety of sporting, musical and cultural events as a mark of appreciation for the hard work and sacrifices these brave men and women make on the country's behalf.
Over 140,000 troops have registered with the charity and in excess of 830,000 complimentary tickets have been distributed to servicemen and women to date.
To be able to reach out further and support the brave men and women who serve our country, the charity would like to build a network of volunteers who will be known as TFT Ambassadors who offer their time for free to help solicit tickets and raise awareness for Tickets For Troops.
The Donor Liaison and TFT Ambassador Coordinator role requires someone who is keen to maximise the ticket supply we offer our servicemen and women whilst supporting a team of TFT Ambassadors.
They will be part of a small four-person team and will be expected to work at least one day per week in the office in London.
- To meet set objectives and fulfill the charity’s mission of providing multiple opportunities for service personnel to attend and enjoy events across the UK;
- To build and maintain relationships with current and new donors and solicit complimentary tickets;
- To frequently conduct event research;
- To build a team of TFT Ambassadors across the UK and support them in soliciting tickets and raising awareness about Tickets For Troops and the opportunities available to military personnel nationwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Director of Operations to maintain strong relationships with current donors and seek new opportunities to ensure the continuation and increase of ticket donations;
- Frequently conducting event research and building relationships with prospective donors to ensure new ticket donations;
- With support from the Director of Operations, creating, advertising and recruiting a team of TFT Ambassadors;
- Supporting the team of TFT Ambassadors and being their main point of contact;
- Processing ticket donations and working with the Digital Content and Operations Manager to create content to market on social media when required;
- Monitoring and evaluating the TFT Ambassador scheme to ensure effectiveness and best practice.
We are looking for an individual who will work with determination to build the charity’s footprint with prospective donors and within the military community. You need to be a self-driven, results-orientated people person with a positive outlook, and a clear interest in donor liaison and volunteer care. We want a natural communicator who is keen for a new experience and ready to get involved.
Skills and experience desired:
- Self-starter and extremely proactive
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Personable with the ability to build and maintain working relationships – internal and external
- Good ability to research and collate information
- Knowledge of the British Armed Forces
- Empathic with the vision, values and aims of the charity.
- Very good at working well independently and as part of a team
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you meet the person specification above, what you can bring to this role and most importantly why you would like to work for Tickets For Troops.
Deadline for applications will be Friday 15th April