Regional Ambassadors - Volunteer Role
TICKETS FOR TROOPS (TFT) REGIONAL AMBASSADOR
Job Title: Tickets For Troops (TFT) Regional Ambassador.
Role Type: Volunteer.
Reports to: Donor Liaison and Ambassador Coordinator.
Commitment: 2 hours average per week for minimum of 6 months.
Location: Work from home; applicants to stipulate the area they could cover with consideration to the troop population.
Tickets For Troops (TFT) is a registered charity which was set up in 2009 to provide members of the British Armed Forces with top event tickets to a variety of sporting, musical and cultural events as a mark of appreciation for the hard work and sacrifices these brave men and women make on the country’s behalf.
The charity has an active membership of over 56,000 people and in excess of 1 million complimentary tickets have been distributed to service personnel to date.
To be able to reach out further, the charity recruited its first official regional ambassadors in July 2016. TFT is now looking to create its fourth ambassador team. Applicants are being invited to stipulate in their application which area they would be willing to cover.
- Primary purpose: To find new ticket donors within a specified region and solicit complimentary tickets for a wide variety of events;
- To raise awareness of Tickets For Troops;
- To frequently conduct regional event research.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Ambassador Coordinator to find new regional ticket donors;
- Frequently conducting event research and initiating relationships with prospective ticket donors to secure new ticket donations;
- Understanding the local armed forces population and their families so that you can best represent them to prospective ticket donors and get the right tickets to meet their needs;
- Representing TFT, raising awareness and increasing the profile of the charity in your region;
- Working to realistic targets supported by the Ambassador Coordinator and applying best practice guidelines;
- Remaining in regular contact with TFT and attending monthly telephone conference calls;
- An undertaking to meet the minimum commitment each week and to proactively inform TFT in advance of any temporary change to this due to unforeseen circumstances, including an agreement to provide a weekly progress update to TFT.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about the work of TFT and are keen to build the charity’s footprint with prospective ticket donors and within the military community.
You will be reliable, committed, self-driven, positive, enjoy communicating with people and be willing to volunteer 2 hours of your time each week.
The successful applicants will have been able to demonstrate that they have a balanced routine around which they can ably manage this commitment without disruption.
Skills and experience: Essential:
- Enthusiastic and wanting to actively support TFT;
- Reliable with a sense of duty and commitment to the role;
- Basic IT skills and have access to a computer, Gmail and telephone.
Skills and experience: Desirable:
- Voluntary experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of British Armed Forces, ideally have experience as a serving member or dependent;
- Personable with good communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience of TFT;
- Good at working independently;
- Good at researching information;
- Organised and able to work to deadlines;
- Empathic with vision, values and aims of the charity;
- Knowledge and interest in the live events industry, sports clubs, gigs, concerts and entertainment events.
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information, (1 side of A4 maximum):
- Contact details: Name, address, email address, telephone number;
- The region you would like to cover, the units based there and what you think this region has to offer;
- Your military experience or connection (if any);
- Why you would like to become a TFT Regional Ambassador;
- How you think you meet the role specification;
- What you think you will bring to the role of TFT Regional Ambassador;
- Where you saw this job advertised.
The deadline for applications is 1700 hrs Friday 1st March.
Telephone interviews will be conducted week of 4th March.
Successful applicants will be required to attend a training day in London on Wednesday 20th March, travel expenses and lunch will be provided.
Date Published - 11/02/2019