Tickets For Troops Internship Available
Job Title: Intern
Reports to: Account Manager and Director of Operations
Start date: 16th March
Length of contact: 3 months with the potential to be offered a permanent contract
Salary: £6.50 per hour
Tickets For Troops (ticketsfortroops.org.uk) was set up in 2009 to recognise the brave servicemen and women who spend months away from their families, need to be available to serve at short notice and put their lives on the line for our country. We recognise the troops’ commitment, drive and dedication by offering them, on behalf of our donors, tickets to events which they can share with their loved ones, as a small acknowledgement of the work they do. We have over 140,000 troops registered to the charity.
Tickets For Troops has allocated over 650,000 tickets to our nation’s heroes in the last five years demonstrating the enormous support and respect our UK sports, music, theatre and entertainment industries have for our military men and women
This role requires someone who is keen to provide excellent customer service to our military members, wants to develop their administrative skills and support the operations of the charity whilst working hard to improve the ticket supply we offer our servicemen and women.
The Tickets For Troops team is quite small and therefore you will become very much part of the team. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience and enhance your CV.
Your responsibilities will include
- Providing a high level of customer service for our members, ensuring a consistent and professional approach to all queries via phone and email;
- Working with the TFT team to ensure all ticket donations are successfully allocated and distributed to servicemen and women on time;
- Conducting event research to build the events list, maximising all opportunities for our members;
- Building relationships with prospective donors to ensure new ticket donations;
- Sourcing and collating feedback from troops;
- Providing social media support to the Account Executive;
- Supporting with the writing of press releases and news stories for the website and local and national media;
- Assisting the Director of Operations with the organisation and fulfilment of fundraising, special TFT events and any other projects as requested;
- Attending events to support the allocation of tickets and promote the charity.
- University Degree
- However, applications will be looked at from those who do not hold a University Degree and meet the skill requirements below.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages (particularly Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Good at working well under pressure
- Very good at working well independently and as part of a team
- Good ability to research and collate information
- Empathic with the vision, values and aims of the charity.
- Knowledge of the charitable sector
- Knowledge of the military
- Previous voluntary experience
- Worked in an office environment
How to apply?
Please email your CV and cover letter (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you meet the person specification above, what you can bring to the team and most importantly why you would like to work for Tickets For Troops.
Deadline for applications will be 27th February.
The Tickets For Troops office is based in Victoria, London, SW1W 0EN.